Title Insurance Uncomplicated With Garrett & Tully
Knowing the world of title insurance and understanding the process means more efficient results.
Representing title companies, title insurance companies and their insureds in complex real estate and coverage litigation for decades, Garrett & Tully has a well-earned reputation for success. Whether it’s claims arising out of abstracting or search errors, identity theft, fraud, forgery, or more complex issues such as riparian and governmental rights, statutory tenant rights, or one form of action and anti-deficiency issues, we are ready to tackle the familiar or the more unusual matters. Our team regularly handles matters involving:
- Title defects
- Conflicting claims of lien priority
- Identity theft
- Lack of capacity to contract
- Forged deeds of trust
- Forged reconveyances
- Boundary line and encroachment disputes
- Equitable subordination
- Disputes between competing lien holders and owners involving works of improvement
- Claims of escrow defalcation
- Mechanic’s liens
- One form of action and anti-deficiency issues
We also regularly provide coverage advice and representation to title insurers in insurance coverage and bad faith litigation.