Mr. Engel is a senior associate in the Westlake Village office of Garrett & Tully. He is a member of the Professional Malpractice and Liability team representing professional accountants and lawyers through all phases of litigation. Mr. Engel graduated Cum Laude from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, with a Bachelors degree in Psychology.
In 2012, Mr. Engel graduated Cum Laude from the Syracuse University College of Law with a Juris Doctor degree. While in law school, Mr. Engel clerked for the Hon. Michael F. McKeon; completed an internship in London, United Kingdom, with the Man Group, plc.; and served as the Lead Articles Editor for the Syracuse Law Review.
Mr. Engel has experience in administrative law; business litigation, complex litigation, insurance defense, and insurance coverage litigation. Mr. Engel has successfully argued and obtained sanctions against opposing counsel for abuse of the discovery process.
Areas of Practice:
- Business Litigation
- Professional Liability
- Accountants' Liability
- Complex Business Litigation
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- Syracuse University College of Law (J.D., Cum Laude)
- Dean's List
- Moot Court Society, Member
- Syracuse Law Review, Lead Articles Editor
- Recipient: Syracuse University College of law Award for Pro Bono Legal Services
- The University of North Carolina at Greensboro (B.A., Cum Laude)
- Dean's List
Professional Associations & Memberships:
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of North Carolina